Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Name of the Rose

Observation: We no longer have the luxury of living within any specific culture, economy, or location.


Examples: Most of the things you have touched in the last 30 minutes are made in China.

You apologized last week for not having seen Slumdog Millionaire; on the same afternoon, I declared myself a bollywood fan, even though I'm not sure what it is.

You can check any one of 3 boxes on forms that ask for your "racial background". Your kids have even more options.

This Thanksgiving you will drive over 300 miles in one day, and you consider yourself lucky to have relatives so close.


Question: Who are we?



2 comments:

  1. Neo: “I used to eat there. Really good noodles. I have these memories from my life. None of them happened. What does that mean?”
    Trinity: “That the Matrix cannot tell you who you are.”

    We are that which really happens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Bob I was counting on you to say "we are what we eat". Ramon noodles, in the case of Neo.

    ReplyDelete